Quickly remove leading zeros from text string in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Generally, we can apply Microsoft Excel’s Format Cells feature to format cells as numbers with all leading zeros hidden. However, the Format Cells feature cannot work with non-numeric strings exported from other sources to Excel. But, here with the Remove Leading Zeros of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly remove leading zeros from text strings in Excel.
Click Kutools >> Text >> Remove Leading Zeros. See screenshot:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To remove leading zeros from text strings, you just need to do as follows:
1. Select the range you want to remove leading zeros from, and click Kutools > Text > Remove Leading Zeros. Then a dialog pops out to remind you how many cells have been removed the leading zeros. See screenshot:
2. Click OK to close it. Now the leading zeros have been removed from all selected text strings in bulk. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.