Quickly sum all digits/numbers in a cell in Excel
Kutools for Excel
For example one cell contains a value of 517.8, and you want to sum up all numbers/digits (5, 1, 7, and 8) in this value as below screen shot shown. How to solve it? Kutools for Excel’s Commonly-used Formulas collects the formula of Sum numbers in a cell for easy calculation in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click the Kutools > Formula Helper > Sum numbers in a cell, see below screenshots:
This formula is able to sum each digit/number in a given cell quickly in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the cell you will output calculated result, and click the Kutools > Formula Helper > Sum numbers in a cell.
2. In the opening Formula Helper dialog box, specify the cell address whose digits you will sum up in the Cell box, and click the Ok button.
Tip: You can also click the Browse button to select the cell.
Then all digits in the specified cell are sum up at once.
Note: This formula will sum every single digit in a given cell. For example, the given cell is filled with “23 freshmen in 4 groups”, this formula will sum 3 numbers of 2, 3, and 4, but not two numbers of 23 and 4.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.