Quickly create a timeline / milestone chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
The timeline chart is a good way to view and schedule events in chronological order. In the chart, you can get the important events immediately. Here, Kutools for Excel develops a timeline chart maker to help you quickly create a timeline or milestone chart with ease in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please apply the Timeline Chart feature of Kutools for Excel to create a timeline / milestone chart in Excel as follows:
1. Prepare the source data you will create the timeline chart based on.
2. Click Kutools > Charts > Timeline Chart to enable this feature.
3. In the Timeline Chart dialog, please configure as follows:
(1) Pick up a chart type as you need;
(2) In the Events box, please specify the column of events;
(3) In the Dates box, please specify the column of dates;
(4) Click the Ok button.
4. In the popping out Kutools for Excel dialog, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
Now the timeline chart is created at once.
If you specified the chart style as Style 1, the timeline chart will display as below screenshot:
If you specified the chart style as Style 2, the timeline chart will look like below screenshot:
1. In the Timeline Chart dialog, you can click the Example button to open the example sheet. However, this operation will close the current dialog.
2. When applying the Timeline Chart to create a chart, it will generate a hidden sheet to store the intermediate data of the new created timeline chart.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.