Easily vlookup value between two numbers in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
To lookup a value between two values and return the corresponding result in Excel, the LOOKUP function can help. If you are not good at applying formulas, the LOOKUP between Two Values feature of Kutools for Excel is your best choice. With this feature, you can easily lookup values between two numbers with clicks only.
Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP between Two Values to enable the feature.
As the below screenshot shown, you want to return the corresponding grade for each person if the score is between the given Max and Min values. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP between Two Values to enable the feature.
2. In the LOOKUP between Two Values dialog box, please do the below settings.
- (2.1) In the Output range box, select the range of cells to output the results;
- (2.2) In the Lookup values box, select the range which contains the values you will search for;
- (2.3) In the Data range section, select the whole table range which contains the max, min and the result columns;
- (2.4) In the The column containing max values drop-down list, select the max values column;
- (2.5) In the The column containing min values drop-down list, select the min values column;
- (2.6) In the Return column drop-down list, choose column you want to return the result from;
- (2.7) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the results are outputted in selected cells as below screenshot shown. At the same time, you can see formulas are created. When changing the lookup values, the results will be updated automatically.
- If the specific value you lookup doesn't exist, a #N/A value will be displayed. To replace this #N/A error value with another text value, you just need to click the Options button. In the popping-up Options dialog, check Replace #N/A error value with a specified value checkbox, and then type the text you need, if you want to display #N/A as empty, just leave blank in the textbox. See screenshot:
- If the selected data range does not include column headers, please uncheck the My data has headers box.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.