Easily vlookup values from bottom to top in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Normally, if there are multiple matched values, the VLOOKUP function will search from top to bottom, and return the first matched value. Sometimes, if you need to get the last matched value when lookup from the table, here we recommend you the LOOKUP from Bottom to Top feature of Kutools for Excel, with this feature, you can easily search values from bottom to top.
As the below screenshot shown, if you want to search values in ID column from bottom to top, and return the corresponding results in the Name column, the below step-by-step guide can help you.
1. Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Bottom to Top. See screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP from Bottom to Top dialog box, please do the below settings.
- (1) In the Output range box, select the range to output the results;
- (2) In the Lookup values box, select the range which contains the values you will search for;
- (3) In the Data range section, select the whole table range which contains the lookup value column and the result range column;
- (4) In the Key column drop-down list, select the lookup value column (here I select the ID column);
- (5) In the Return column drop-down list, choose the result value column (here I select the Name column);
- (6) Click the OK button.
- If no match is found, it will return #N/A error value result. You can replace this error value with specified value by checking the Replace #N/A error value with a specified value box and entering the certain value into the text box.
- If the selected data range does not include column headers, please uncheck the My data has headers box.
Then, you can see formulas and corresponding results are displayed immediately. When you change the search value, the result will be updated automatically.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.