How to change uppercase to lowercase in Microsoft Excel?
Supposing you receive an Excel report with all text strings in uppercase letters, it will be easier to read if you can change these uppercase letters into lowercase in Excel. The following tricks can quickly change all uppercase letters into lowercase in Excel.
Change the text strings from uppercase to lowercase / proper case / sentence case:
With Kutools for Excel's Change Case utility can help you to convert the text strings to uppercase, lowercase, proper case, sentence case and so on quickly and easily as you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Using Microsoft Excel's Lower function is an easy way to change any kinds of text strings or letters to lowercase in one cell.
1. In the adjacent cell C1, enter the formula =LOWER (A1). See screenshot:
2. Press Enter key and the formula has been applied to the cell C1, then select cell C1, drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to apply this formula. And all of the uppercase text strings have been changed to lowercase strings. See screenshot:
Note: This method can only change all the uppercase letters into lowercase in a new range, so you may have to take a further step to replace the uppercase letters with the lowercase letters.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Change Case tool can help you change all uppercase letters to lowercase in cells directly.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range that you want to change.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
3. In Change Case dialog box, check the lower case option, and then click the OK button. The uppercase cells have been converted to lowercase cells, see screenshot:
1. If you want to change the text strings to proper case which means to capitalize first letter of each word, please select Proper Case in the Change Case dialog box, see screeenshot:
2. If you want to change the text strings to sentence case which means to capitalize only first letter of your text string, please select Sentence case option in the Change Case dialog box, see screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIs there any simple method without using any formula within the same excel sheet ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoMy friends Upper case and Lower case formula is =UPPER(COLOM &ROW ) ENTER
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agohow to ms excel in current cell & all selected cell upper case & lower case formula use in this work sheet . because used short key of sued key board .
than show result.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoadvance excel note book .