Easily create and insert Auto Text entry in Excel
Kutools for Excel
While using Microsoft Excel, you may need to repeat typing some content that you frequently used. Have you ever tried to save the frequently used contents in Excel and reuse them without repeatedly typing? Here, the Auto Text utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor. You can easily save your content, such as ranges, formulas, charts and so on as Auto Text entry, and reuse them anytime you need with just one click.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Click Kutools > Insert > AutoText. See screenshot:
With the Auto Text utility of Kutools for Excel, you can save your favorite chart as an AutoText entry. Please do as follows.
Note: By default, the AutoText pane locates on the left side of Excel.
2. Please select a chart that you want to save as auto text (Here we take a scatter chart of Making and Buying as an example), and then click the New AutoText button in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
3. In the New AutoText dialog box, type a name for the chart in Name box, select Charts in Group drop-down list, and then click the Add button.
Note: You can create a new group by clicking the New group button and typing the group name for your own needs.
Then you can see the selected chart is successfully added as AutoText entry to the Charts group.
4. For using this chart, you can just click on this chart in the AutoText pane to insert it to anywhere of any workbook you need.
Besides, if you want to insert this chart as picture in Excel, put your cursor on this chart and click the drop-down icon, click Insert as and then select a picture type in the list menu. See screenshot:
In this section, you will learn how to create a range of data as AutoText entry and easily use it in Excel.
1. After enabling the AutoText pane by clicking Kutools > Insert > AutoText. Please select a range of data which you want to add as AutoText entry.
2. Click the New AutoText button in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
3. In the New AutoText dialog box, enter a name for this AutoText into the Name box, select Ranges in the Group drop-down list, and then click the Add button.
Then the selected range is added as AutoText entry and located in the Ranges group in AutoText pane.
4. For using this AutoText entry, please do as follows:
1). For inserting it as text, please get into the Ranges group, and then click this entry. See screenshot:
2). For entering it as picture, put the cursor on this entry, click the drop-down icon > Insert as, and then click Bitmap or Picture (EMF) in the list menu.
Formulas are very useful for most of the Excel users, if there are multiple formulas in your workbook and you always use them as your daily work. You can add the formula as AutoText and insert it in worksheet as follows.
1. After enabling the AutoText pane, click the cell with formula you want to add as AutoText entry.
2. Now the cell formula will display in the Formula Bar, select it in the formula bar, and then click the New AutoText button in the AutoText pane. See screenshot:
3. In the Add AutoText dialog box, name the formula entry in the Name box, select Formulas in the Group drop-down list, and finally click the Add button.
4. For using this new AutoText entry, get into the Formulas group in the AutoText pane, and then click it to insert to the worksheet. After inserting the formula, you just need to change the cell reference to your need.
In addition to charts, ranges and formulas which you can add as AutoText entry, the clip arts or pictures can also be added as AutoText entry with the AutoText utility of Kutools for Excel.
The method of adding and using clip arts or pictures as AutoText entry is the same as the method we introduce above. You can follow the above steps to finish this clip arts or pictures AutoText entry creating and using.
If you need to reinstall your computer or shift to a new computer, for the sake of keeping the AutoText entry you have created, you can use the export and import functions of the AutoText.
Open the AutoText pane with clicking Kutools > Insert > AutoText.
Export the AutoText entry
1. In the AutoText pane, click the Export AutoText button. See screenshot:
2. In the Export AutoText dialog box, and in the Please select the group section, check the AutoText group option you want to export, and then click the button.
3. In the popping up Save As dialog box, select a folder for saving the auto text, and then click the Save button. See screenshot:
Note: By default, the exported file is named as KTE+ current date and time, you can change the file name if you need.
4. When it returns to the Export AutoText dialog box, click the OK button. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, click the OK button.
Import the AutoText entry
1. In the AutoText pane, click the Import AutoText button.
2. In the Import AutoText dialog box, click the button.
Note: You can check the Delete the old AutoText box to remove the original auto text in your Auto Text pane.
3. In the Open dialog box, select the auto text file you have exported, and then click the Open button.
4. When it returns to the Import AutoText dialog box, click the OK button. And click the OK button in the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box.
1. For renaming auto text group, please select it, and then click the Rename current AutoText group button. In the popping up dialog box, enter your new name, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. For renaming AutoText entry, click the drop-down icon of the AutoText entry, and click the Rename in the list. In the Kutools for Excel dialog box, type a new name for it and then click the OK button.
3. To delete one group of the Auto Text, please just click the close button besides the group names, but, if you want to delete the auto text entry, please click the drop-down icon of the AutoText entry, and click Delete in the list menu, see screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.