Quickly enable date picker (drop down calendar) for date cells in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In general, you can type in a new date to overwrite the existing one in Excel easily. However, how could you quickly figure out the last Thursday of the current month and type it in? Here, Kutools for Excel released the Date Picker feature to show a drop-down calendar beside the currently selected date cell, so that you can quickly find out the last Thursday of the current month, and click it to overwrite the original date at ease. Moreover, if you have blank cells in date format, you can also use the utility to quickly fill the cells with dates.
This section will guide you to enable and use the date picker in Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Content > Enabled Date Picker to turn on the Date Picker feature.
2. Then you can apply the Date Picker feature as follows:
(1) Select a cell in date format to show the calendar icon right to the date cell.
(2) Click the calendar icon to show the drop-down calendar.
(3) Select a date in the drop-down calendar, and click the tick icon to fill in the selected date immediately.
1. After you select a new date in the drop-down calendar, the date will populate in the original cell. You can click to withdraw and close the drop-down calendar.
2. The calendar icon only appears when you select a cell in date format.
3. The Date Picker feature supports undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.