Quickly enable date picker (drop down calendar) for date cells in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, you can type in a new date to overwrite the existing one in Excel easily. However, how could you quickly figure out the last Thursday of the current month and type in it? Here, Kutools for Excel released the Date Picker feature to show a drop-down calendar beside the currently selected date cell, so that you can quickly find out the last Thursday of the current month, and click it to overwrite the original date at ease.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2021 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This section will guide you to enable and use the date picker in Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Content > Enabled Date Picker to turn on the Date Picker feature.
2. Then you can apply the Date Picker feature as follows:
(1) Select a date cell to show the calendar icon right to the date cell.
(2) Click the calendar icon to show the drop-down calendar.
(3) Click a date in the drop-down calendar to replace the original date immediately.
Tips: In the drop-down calendar, you can click to recover the original date.
3. Click to close the drop-down calendar.
1. The Date Picker feature supports undo. If you did not undo in the drop-down calendar, you can also click or press Ctrl + Z to recover the original date.2. The Date Picker feature only works on cells with date. Blank cells and other value cells will be skipped automatically.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.