Quickly create a drop-down list with images in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Sometimes, you may want to display a specific image based on a drop down list cell value, when you click an item from the drop down list, its relative image will be displayed at the same time, and when you choose another, the image will be changed dynamically as below demo shown.
How could you create this type of drop down list in Excel quickly and easily? With Kutools for Excel’s Picture Drop-down List feature, you can create multiple drop down lists with their relative images with only several clicks.
To create multiple drop down lists with images, please do with the following steps:
1. First, you should create two columns which contain the values and relative images in your worksheet. See screenshot:
2. Then, click Kutools > Drop-down List > Picture Drop-down List, see screenshot:
3. In the Picture Drop-down List dialog box, if you have created the columns of cell values and images, please ignore Step1, then, select the original data and image range in Step2, and in Step 3, select the output range where you want to create the drop down lists with images, see screenshot:
4. And then, click Ok button, the drop down lists with images have been created into the selected range, Now, when you select an item from the drop down list, its corresponding picture will be displayed at once, see below demo:
1. When applying this feature, a hidden sheet named PDL with some intermediate data will be created, please don’t delete this sheet, otherwise, the created results will be invalid.
2. Some range names will be generated into the Name Manager automatically when applying this feature, please don’t delete these names, otherwise, the created results will be invalid.
3. This feature only applies to Microsoft Excel, but does not support Excel 2007.
4. The workbook will get stuck if you generate too many drop down lists with images by using this feature.
5. When you create the original data with images, please make sure the image does not go beyond the scope of the cell.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.