Quickly insert bullets or numberings in multiple cells in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Microsoft Word, you can easily insert bullet or numbering for multiple sentences at once. But you may encounter some difficulties when try to insert the bullet or numbering for multiple cells at once. We have the same feeling, so we have designed and created the handy functions – Insert Bullet and Insert Numbering in Kutools for Excel for you. With these functions, you can quickly insert multiple types of bullet and numbering into a range of cells at once in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet or Insert Numbering. See screenshots:
To insert bullet into a range of cells, please follow below steps:
1. Select the cells you want to use bullet.
2. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet, and select the type of bullet from the submenu as you need. See screenshot:
3. Now the selected cells have been inserted bullet point as shown in the following screenshot.
Tip: In the Bullet Options dialog, you can configure whether or not to insert bullet in formula cells, blank cells and constant cells. And you can also choose to insert bullet into the cells with text value only in a range. See screenshot:
1. Select the cells you want to insert numbering. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Numbering, and choose the type of numbering from the submenu as you need. See screenshot:
3. Now the cells have been added numbering as shown in the following screenshot.
Tip: If you are going to Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet/Insert Numbering > None option to bulleted or numbered list, it will remove the bullet or numbering from the list as shown in the following screenshot:
Note: If you apply the Insert Bullet or Insert Numbering function to a never saved workbook, the Kutools for Excel will warn you that the Undo operation of your operation will be unavailable. Almost every function of the Kutools for Excel will have the same warning when you try to apply Kutools for Excel’s function to a never saved workbook. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.