Easily reading / viewing a large number of rows and columns in Excel
Kutools for Excel
There may be a lot of rows and columns in your worksheet, and it is difficult for you to check for formulas or data in such a huge worksheet. But with Kutools for Excel’s Reading Layout utility, which makes it easier to check for data by highlighting the row and column of the active cell as follows:
Reanding Layout demo Demo
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
How to highlight active cell row and column:
You can select one cell or a range of cells in your worksheet, and click Kutools > Reading Layout > Reading Layout to enable this Reading Layout utility. And the entire columns and rows of the selected cells are highlighted intuitively. See screenshots:
- Enable Reading Layout: click to this option to enable or disable the Reading Layout.
- Reading Layout Settings: click on this option to configure the settings of the Reading Layout in the Reading Layout Settings dialog box. See screenshot:
- 1. You can cancel this utility by clicking the Reading Layout command.
- 2. If you open multiple Excel files, this Reading Layout feature is applied to all of them.
- 3. This Reading Layout will not enabled automatically when you launch the workbook next time.
- 4. Check or uncheck Highlight the area of active cell to highlight or hollow.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agose eu compra a licença consigo instalar mais de uma vez no pc ou só serve uma vez ?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis solved one of my biggest headaches. I have one program that outputs a report that when exported to Excell it creates 200 worksheets! I have never been able to use it until now. Merging all of them into one worksheet only takes a few minutes with Kutools.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks A lot of this product, mainly its use for reading layout & shortcuts of left side menu
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoMy OS: Windows 7 Pro fully updated
My Excel: 2010
My sheet: Range R1C6:R504C6 is in use
PROBLEM: READING LAYOUT FAILS TO FILL ROW AND COLUMN SELECTED
1. Magnification: 60%
2. Rows 313-355 show
3. Cell R354:C6 selected
4. Column 5 fills to row 323. Row 354 no fill
5. Mag to 50%
6. Rows 311-357 show
7. Column 5 fills top to bottom. Row 354 fills left to right
8. Mag to 60%. Goto 4.
9. Mag to 70%.
10. Rows 319-354 show
11. Column 6 fills to row 325. Row 354 is empty.
12. Click R354:C6
13. No change!
NOTE: At 60% magnification selecting any cell on visible sheet on rows greater than 323 demonstrates same problem.
Selecting row 323 or lower i.e R320 the function works as expected with row and column selected but only to
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHi.
Thank you for a good product.
I am using reading layout at the moment but it only highlights in some parts of the spreadsheet. If I move the cursor further the highlights disappear.
I am using Windows 8.1 and Office 2013.
Also I am filtering the spreadsheet to look at certain rows.
Thank you for your assistance with this.
I am entering data in another program and need the highlight option.