Easily reading / viewing a large number of rows and columns in Excel
Kutools for Excel
If you work at the worksheet contains huge data with hundreds of rows and columns, you may be easily getting puzzle while checking and jumping the data from one to the another one which will waste time. For solving this problem, the Reading Layout utility of Kutools for Excel highlights the across row and column to make the active cell or range outstanding as below screenshot shown. Demo
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Enable the Reading Layout utility
Click Kutools > Reading Layout to enable this utility, while the Reading Layout is enabled, the tab is highlighted.
Reading Layout settings
If you want to change the settings such as the shapes, styles, colors or transparency, you can go to the Reading Layout Settings dialog to change.
Click Kutools tab, and go to click the arrow beside Reading Layout to expand the drop-down menu, then click Reading Layout Settings.
In the Reading Layout Settings dialog, you can change the shapes, styles, colors and transparency as you need, also at the same time you can preview the change in Preview section before you applying the changes.
About Highlight the area of active cell and Highlight the area on editing of cell options.
Tick Highlight the area of active cell option, the active cell or range will be highlighted.
Untick Highlight the area of active cell option, but tick the Highlight the area on editing of cell option, the active cell or range will be not highlighted, but the overflowing area is highlighted.
Untick both of Highlight the area of active cell and Highlight the area on editing of cell options, both the active cell or range and the overflowing area will be not highlighted.
Enable Reading Layout: tick this option, after settings and click Ok, the Reading Layout will be auto enabled.
Default Settings: click this button, the settings of Reading Layout have been restored to the default settings of Kutools.
1. You can cancel this utility by clicking the Reading Layout command, the tab changes to light grey.
2. If you open multiple Excel files, this Reading Layout feature is applied to all of them.
3. This Reading Layout will not be enabled automatically when you launch the workbook next time.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.