There may be a lot of rows and columns in your worksheet, and it is difficult for you to check for formulas or data in such a huge worksheet. But with Kutools for Excel’s Reading Layout utility, which makes it easier to check for data by highlighting the row and column of the active cell as follows:
You can select one cell or a range of cells in your worksheet, and click Kutools > ReadingLayout > Reading Layout to enable this Reading Layout utility. And the entire columns and rows of the selected cells are highlighted intuitively. See screenshots:
Enable Reading Layout: click on this option to enable or disable the Reading Layout.
Reading Layout Settings: click on this option to configure the settings of the Reading Layout in the Reading Layout Settings dialog box. See screenshot:
1. You can cancel this utility by clicking the Reading Layout command.
2. If you open multiple Excel files, this Reading Layout feature is applied to all of them.
3. This Reading Layout will not be enabled automatically when you launch the workbook next time.
4. By default, the currently selected cells will not be highlighted. If you want to highlight the currently selected cells too, you can tick the Highlight the area of active cell in the Reading Layout Settings dialog.
5. If the cell content overflows the currently editing cell, the editing cell and the overflowing area won’t be highlighted by default.
Reading Layout Demo
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now!
Productivity Tools Recommended The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you? Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer. Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
This solved one of my biggest headaches. I have one program that outputs a report that when exported to Excell it creates 200 worksheets! I have never been able to use it until now. Merging all of them into one worksheet only takes a few minutes with Kutools.
My OS: Windows 7 Pro fully updated My Excel: 2010 My sheet: Range R1C6:R504C6 is in use
PROBLEM: READING LAYOUT FAILS TO FILL ROW AND COLUMN SELECTED
1. Magnification: 60% 2. Rows 313-355 show 3. Cell R354:C6 selected 4. Column 5 fills to row 323. Row 354 no fill 5. Mag to 50% 6. Rows 311-357 show 7. Column 5 fills top to bottom. Row 354 fills left to right 8. Mag to 60%. Goto 4. 9. Mag to 70%. 10. Rows 319-354 show 11. Column 6 fills to row 325. Row 354 is empty. 12. Click R354:C6 13. No change! 14. WHY?
NOTE: At 60% magnification selecting any cell on visible sheet on rows greater than 323 demonstrates same problem. Selecting row 323 or lower i.e R320 the function works as expected with row and column selected but only to row 323!