Quickly trace all dependents or precedents in Excel
Kutools for Excel
For instance, there are multiple formulas in a worksheet, and now if you want to display the relationships between the formulas, you need to trace the dependents or precedents in the sheet.
But Excel’s built-in Trace Precedents feature and Trace Dependents feature can only show arrows for one selected cell at a time. Even you waste time to trace precedents or dependents for many cells one by one, the overlapped arrows are not clear for trace. However, Kutools for Excel’s Monitor Precedents and Dependents utility can help you quickly automatically display all dependents and precedents in a selected range in real time with one click.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > More > Monitor Precedents and Dependents. See screenshot:
for showing all dependents and precedents in a range, you just need a click.
Click Kutools > More > Monitor Precedents and Dependents to enable the Monitor Precedents and Dependents in current workbook. See screenshot:
Then when you select a range, all the precedents and dependents of the selected range have been displayed in real time.
If you want to cancel the trace displaying, just go back to click Kutools > More > Monitor Precedents and Dependents again to disable the utility.
If you just want to trace only the dependents or only the precedents in a range, Kutools for Excel also can help you.
Click Kutools > More > Monitor Precedents of Ranges / Monitor Dependents of Ranges to enable the trace precedents or trace dependents in current workbook. See screenshot:
Then when you select a range, only the precedents or dependents of the selection have been auto shown in real time. See screenshots:
|Trace Precedents||Trace Dependents|
If you want to cancel the trace displaying, just go back to click Kutools > More > Monitor Precedents of Ranges/Monitor Dependents of Ranges.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi. Please, can you add the worksheet icon for precedents? Currently, the little square worksheet icon only pops up for dependencies. I have a summary page and it would be great to understand which cells are reliant on data being imported from other worksheets. Perhaps in this situation, the dashed line can have the arrow pointing the opposite direction (i.e. towards the cell rather than away from it)