Easily protect multiple Excel workbooks with password at once
Kutools for Excel
Normally, you can run VBA code to protect multiple workbooks in a folder with the same password at once. Here highly recommend the Encrypt Workbooks feature of Kutools for Excel, this feature helps to encrypt a batch of workbooks which saved in the same or different folders in current device or OneDrive with the same password at the same time.
Easily protect multiple Excel workbooks with the same password at once
The following steps demonstrate how the Encrypt Workbooks feature protect multiple workbooks at the same time with the same password.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Encrypt Workbooks > Encrypt Workbooks.
2. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up, click the OK button.
Note: Before protecting workbooks, make sure the workbooks are closed in case error occurring.
3. In the opening Encrypt Workbooks dialog box, you need to configure as follows.
- File(s): Select this option to open the Select File window, then choose the workbooks you need to protect;
- Folder: Select this option to open the Select Folder window, then choose a folder which contains the workbooks you want to protect at once;
- OneDrive File(s): Select this option, and then choose the workbooks you need to protect from a specific OneDrive account ;
- OneDrive Folder: Select this option, and then choose a folder which contains the workbooks you want to protect at once from a specific OneDrive account.
Note: The OneDrive File(s) and OneDrive Folder options only support Excel 2013 and the later versions.
4. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many workbooks are successfully encrypted, click OK to close it.
5. Then another dialog box pops up to ask for scenario saving. If you want to save current workbook configuration as a scenario, click Yes, otherwise, click No to finish the operation.
6. If you click the Yes button, a Save Scenario dialog box will open. You need to type a name for the scenario and then click OK button.
Now all selected workbooks are protected with the same password at once.
- Open: Directly open the Open scenario dialog box. All saved scenarios are saved in this dialog. Select a scenario and then click OK will open it.
- Save: This option helps to save current workbook structure as a scenario. Click this option to open the Save Scenario dialog box, enter the scenario name and then click OK.
- Save as: This option helps to save current scenario as a new one.
- Manager: Click this option to open the Manager Scenario dialog box. In the dialog box, you can rename, delete and sort the saved scenarios as you need.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.