Easily compare two ranges of cells if they are equal or different in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you sent out a workbook with original data in order to collect different responses from others. After calling in all workbooks, you need to find if the cell value has been changed or not based on the data of original workbook. Or you just need to compare cells in two columns to find out the exactly same cells in Excel. Here the Compare Cells utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to solve it easily.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Range > Compare Cells. See screenshots:
As below screenshot shown, you need to compare cells in range A and B if they are equal, and then select all equal cells in range A based on cell values in Range B. Please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Range > Compare Cells to open the Compare Cells dialog box. And in the Compare Cells dialog box, you need to specify the following options.
(1). Please select the two comparing ranges separately in the Find values in box and According to box.
(2). Select the Same Cells option in the Find section.
(3). If you want to highlight the equal cells with background or font color, please check one of the Fill background box and Fill font color box under the Processing of results section.
(4). It is optional to check the Case sensitive function as you need.
(5). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: You can specify the two comparing ranges across different workbooks and worksheets with this utility.
2. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up to tell you how many cells has been found. Please click the OK button. At the same time, all equal cells in range A are selected and highlighted with specified background color based on the cell values in Range B.
For comparing cells if they are different in the same position of two ranges, you need to do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Range > Compare Cells to apply this utility. And in the Compare Cells dialog box, you need to specify the following options.
(1). Select the two comparing ranges separately in the Find values in box and According to box.
(2). Select the Different Cells option in the Find section.
(3). If you want to highlight the different cells with background or font color, please check one of the Fill background box and Fill font color box. And specify a needed color from the color drop-down list.
(4). It is optional to enable the Case sensitive function as you need.
(5). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
2. Then a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up to tell you how many cells has been found. Please click the OK button. Meanwhile, all different cells in range A are selected and highlighted with specified background color.
1. The Find values in (Range A) and According to (Range B) must have the same number of rows and columns during comparing two ranges
2. The above steps select the same or different values in Range A during comparing. If you want to select the same or different values in Range B, you just need to exchange the two ranges within the Compare Cells dialog box.
Tip: To find the same or different cell values based on each row or single cell when comparing two ranges, you can apply this Select Same & Different Cells utility of Kutools for Excel.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoy si quiero comparar e identificar numeros que se repitan en dos rangos como hago?