Quickly convert numbers to ordinal numeral in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Have you ever tried to convert or format the cardinal numerals to ordinal numeral in Excel, such as: 1 to 1st, 2 to 2nd, 3 to 3rd and so on? In Excel, you can apply several conditional formatting rules to format the numbers as ordinal numbers or use the Defined Function, but, both of them are complicated and troublesome. If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert Number to Ordinal feature, you can convert multiple numbers to ordinal numbers at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Content >> Convert Number to Ordinal, see screenshot:
1. Select the number cells that you want to convert to ordinal numerals.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Content > Convert Number to Ordinal, and all the selected numbers have been displayed as ordinal numbers in the original range, see screenshots:
1. This feature supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
2. If the selection contains formulas cells, this feature will ask for your confirmation to remove formulas or ignore as following screenshot shown:
3. If you don’t want the converted results are displayed in the original cells, you just need to copy and paste the original data to another location you need，then apply the Convert Number to Ordinal feature.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.