Quickly create custom lists and fill cells with them in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Sometimes, we often need to enter some sequence values in order in Excel cells. We can drag the fill handle to fill the cells with the default values in Excel, such as Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat. But if you need to use other sequence values again and again, you can create your custom lists and fill them into cells vertically or horizontally with Kutools for Excel's Fill Custom Lists.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Insert >> Fill Custom Lists. See screenshots:
1. Select the range that you would like to fill with your custom lists.
2. And then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Fill Custom Lists, in the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, click Edit list to create a new custom list values as you need.
3. In the opened Custom Lists dialog box, click NEW LIST item from Custom lists, and then input your custom list values one by one under the List entries box, (Note: When you enter the words in the List entries box, you should separate them with the separator comma or Enter key.) See screenshot:
4. Then click Add button to add them into the Custom lists, see screenshot:
5. Click OK to return back to the Fill Custom Lists dialog, select your new created list values, and then choose the fill order from the Fill vertically cell after cell drop down list. See screenshot:
6. Then click Fill Range or double click the selected item, and the selected data list has been filled into the cells in their order vertically. After finishing the operation, close the dialog box.
If you have a list of the data values in your worksheet which you want to add them into the Custom list, you needn't enter the values manually one by one, you just need to import the values into the list. Please do as follow:
Select the range of values that you want to use, and in the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, click Edit list button, then in the popped Custom Lists dialog, click Import button, and the selected cell values will be inserted into the Custom list, you can use the item anywhere.
If the range you want to import is include multiple rows and columns, an Import Custom Lists dialog is popped after clicking Import button. If you check Columns, the range you select is imported as lists by columns, if you check Rows, the range is imported as lists by rows. See screenshots:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.