Quickly create custom lists and fill them into cells
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
Sometimes, we need to enter some sequence values in order in Excel cells. We can drag the fill handle to fill the cells with the default values in Excel, such as Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat. But if you need to use other sequence values again and again, you can create your custom lists and fill them into cells vertically or horizontally with Kutools for Excel's Fill Custom Lists.
Create custom lists and fill them into cells
1. Select the range that you would like to fill with your custom lists. And then click Kutools > Insert > Fill Custom Lists, see screenshot:
2. In the Fill Custom Lists dialog box:
- (1) Choose the fill order from the Fill order section, you can select Fill vertically cell after cell or Fill horizontally cell after cell as you need.
- (2) Then click Edit list to create a new custom list of values.
3. In the opened Custom Lists dialog box, click NEW LIST item from Custom lists, and then input your custom list values one by one in the List entries box, (Note: When you enter the values in the List entries box, you should separate them with the separator comma or Enter key.) See screenshot:
4. Then click Add button to add them into the Custom lists, see screenshot:
5. Click OK to return to the Fill Custom Lists dialog, select your new created list values, and click Ok or Apply button to fill the items into the selected cells. See screenshot:
1. If you have a list of the data values in your worksheet which you want to add them into the Custom list, please just click Quick Add button, and then select the range of values that you want to use, and the selected cell values will be inserted into the Custom list at once. See screenshots:
2. If you want to delete the created items from the Fill Custom Lists dialog box, please click Edit list and go to the Custom Lists box. Then, select the data list that you want to delete from the left Custom lists box, and then click Delete button.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.