Quickly filter cells by text length in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, we can filter cells by text length with applying the LEN function to count the character lengths in a helper column and then filter in Excel. But with Kutools for Excel’s Special Filter feature, we can quickly filter cells by text length with several clicks only.
Click Kutools Plus >> Special Filter >> Special Filter, see screenshot:
Click here to download the latest version of Kutools for Excel.
Filter cells by text length in Excel
You can apply the Special Filter feature to filter cells by text length from a list as follows:
1. Select the list you will filter cells by text length, and click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter.
2. In the Special Filter dialog box, check the Text option, select Text length equal to from below drop-down list, type the specified text length in the beside box, and finally click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. The Kutools for Excel dialog box comes out and shows how many cells have been found. Please click the OK button to close it.
Now you can see only the texts with the specified text length are filtered out. See screenshot:
1. You can add font color and background color for all filtered out cells with specifying the font color and background color in the Processing of results section.
2. You can select the entire rows of all filtered out cells with checking the Select entire row option.
Demo: Filter cells by text length in Excel
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Kutools for Excel
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.