Filter all cells with comments by using only one click in a selected column
Kutools for Excel
Have you ever tried to filter all cells that contain comment in a selected column? The normal Filter function in Excel can’t help you to achieve this job. However, Kutools for Excel supports an easy feature-Filter Comment that can help you to filter all comment cells with only one click.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To filter all cells that contain comments in a specific column, please do as this:
1. Select a column contains comments that you want to filter, and then click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Filter Comment, see screenshot:
2. And then a prompt box will appear to remind you how many cells which include comments, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK to close the prompt box, and all cells which contain comments have been filtered at once, see screenshot:
If you want to fill font color or background color to the filtered result, you can go to the Special Filter dialog box to set the formatting as you need.
1. Select the column which includes comment cells you want to filter, and then click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter, see screenshot:
2. In the Special Filter dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Select Format option in the Filter rules section;
(2.) And then choose Comments from the drop down list;
(3.) In the Processing of results box, specify a font or background color for the filtered cells as you need.
Note: If you check Select entire row option, the entire rows will be selected after filtering.
3. Then click Ok to exit the dialog box, and a prompt box will pop out to remind the total number of comment cells in the selected column, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, all cells with comments have been filtered, and the filtered records are filled with the font or background color you specified as well. See screenshot:
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.