Quickly find and replace text in comments in Excel
Kutools for Excel
When there are same data in your comments in Excel, and now you want to replace them with other same contents, you must replace them one by one manually. If there are hundreds of comments needed to be replaced in a worksheet or the whole workbook, this job will be tedious. But the Find/Replace Comment Text function of Kutools for Excel can find and replace the data at one time.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> More >> Find/Replace Comment Text. See screenshots:
1. Active the worksheet you want to find the same data and replace them with another same contents. And before you apply Find/Replace Comment Text function, you need to make sure that there are comments in the active worksheet.
2. Click Kutools > More > Find/Replace Comment Text, and specify the settings you want to apply. See screenshot:
|A: In the Scope drop-down list, if you want to replace data only in the active sheet, |
select Active sheet, if you want to replace data in the whole workbook, select the All sheets.
B: Type the data you want to replace under Find text in comments section.
C:Type the data you want to replace the original data in comments and show in the result.
3. Click Replace button in the Find/Replace Comment Text dialog, and a pop-up dialog will tell you how many comments have been replaced. See screenshot:
4. Click OK and Cancel to close the dialogs, and the specific data have been replaced with new contents you entered. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download and free trial Now!
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoI would like to change the text in "selected" cells instead of changing the comments in the active sheet or workbook. Is there a solution for this operation?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months ago@excel now there ist a difference between comments and notes. Notes are converted properly. comments not. are you working on a solution?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoI've tried to use this but it's replacing the entire contents of the cell with the replacment value, even in the cell doesn;'t contain what it's looking for. How can this be fixed?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoGeniuses, you forgot to provide a feature to clear the text from all the comments.