Formula to extract substring between two texts in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
In sometimes, you may want to extract substring between two specified characters from a string to another cell in Excel. In this case, you can try the Extract strings between specified text feature in Kutools for Excel which can do you a favor. Demo
Apply this feature by clicking Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, then in the popping Formulas Helper dialog, choosing Text from the Formula Type drop-down list, and selecting Extract strings between specified text from the list in Choose a formula section. See screenshot:
Following below steps to extract substring between two texts in a cell:
1. Select a cell to place the extracted string, click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper.
2. In the popping Formulas Helper dialog, you can find the Extract strings between specified text through two ways.
1) Choose Text from the drop-down list of Formula Type, then select Extract strings between specified text in the section of Choose a formula.
2）Check Filter checkbox, then type “string” into the right textbox, then you can find the Extract strings between specified text list in the Choose a formula section.
3. In Argument input section, click to select the cell you want to extract substring from, then you can continue clicking in Start char(s) and End Char(s) textboxes to specified the two texts, or you can directly type the texts into the textboxes.
4. Click Ok, then the substring has been extracted.
If you need, drag fill handle over cells to apply this feature.
1. If this feature does you a favor, you could click to share this feature to your friends.
2. The two texts you extract substring based on cannot be the same.
3. To prevent circular reference, please do not insert the formula in the first row of the worksheet.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.