Alternately insert blank rows or columns every other rows / columns in Excel
Kutools for Excel
It is easy to insert one blank row or column in Microsoft Excel at a time. However, it will not be easy to insert multiple blank rows or columns, and it may be harder to insert multiple rows or columns alternately. But the Insert Blank Rows & Column tool of Kutools for Excel can help you insert multiple rows or columns at specific interval quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Blank Rows & Columns. see screenshots:
Supposing you have a range which you want to insert blank rows every other rows, you can quickly deal with it with following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to insert blank rows.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Insert Blank Rows & Columns.
3. In the Insert Blank Rows & Columns dialog box, select Blank rows from Insert type, and enter the numbers into Interval of and Rows box that you need. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. One blank row has been inserted into at one interval. See screenshots:
Supposing you have a range of data, and you need to alternately insert 2 blank columns every other 2 columns. You can do it as this:
1. Highlight the range that you want to insert blank columns.
2. In the Insert Blank Rows & Columns dialog box, check Blank columns from Insert type, and specify the numbers (2) into Interval of and Columns box that you need. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. And every two columns at two intervals have been inserted into the range. see screenshots:
This tool supports Undo (Ctrl + Z).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi, I appreciate your quality stuff, we look forward to some interesting posts like this!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, I've found the "distinguish differences" feature doesn't always work when the differences come one cell after another e.g.
It won't spot the differences in A B C and G in the example above. Lines will be inserted after D and E only.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoVery nice post here thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the valuable information's.
Machine learning training in chennai
machine learning certification in chennai
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSuch a Great Article!! I learned something new from your blog. Amazing stuff. I would like to follow your blog frequently. Keep Rocking!!
Blue Prism training in chennai | Best Blue Prism Training Institute in Chennai
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoSangat bermanfaat sekali