Quickly set data validation to accept only IP addresses in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In general, you can set a custom data validation with somewhat complex formula to allow only IP addresses to be entered in Excel. But with the Validate IP Address feature of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly set data validation to accept only IP addresses for one or multiple ranges with only one click.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate IP Address. See screenshot:
With the Validate IP Address feature, you can quickly set data validation for one or multiple selections to accept IP address entries only in Excel.
1. Select a range or multiple ranges that you will set data validation to accept IP addresses only.
2. Click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate IP Address.
Now a dialog box pops out and reminds you the data validation has been set successfully. Please click the OK button to close it.
1. To set data validation of IP address for multiple ranges simultaneously, you can select multiple ranges together with holding the Ctrl key, and then apply the Validate IP Address feature.
2. After setting data validation to allow IP address entries only, it will pop out below warning dialog box if you enter an invalid IP address.
3. This feature will remove all existing Data Validation in the selection before setting the new IP address Data Validation.
4. This feature supports undo.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.