Create a project status spectrum chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
A project status spectrum chart is used to compare and display the status of each project in Excel. Compared to the normal progress chart, the project status spectrum chart looks more professional and colorful.
Excel does not support a direct way to create such a chart, but with the Charts tool of Kutools for Excel, you can apply the Project Status Spectrum Chart feature to quickly draw this chart by 2 steps.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Create project status spectrum chart
Click Kutools > Charts > Progress > Project Status Spectrum Chart. See screenshot:
In the popping Project Status Spectrum Chart dialog, click the selection icon to specify the cell ranges of axis labels and series values separately.
Click Ok, then a project status spectrum chart is created.
Axis Labels: click the selection icon next to Axis Labels to select the series legends that you want to show in the chart.
Series Value：click the selection icon next to Series Values to select the values of each series.
Example: If you use this utility for the first time, you can click the Example button, which will open a new workbook which contains example data and the created project status spectrum chart for you to study.
1)If the original data is changed greatly, the chart may display incorrectly. You’d better to recreate it again.
2)If you have selected the data excluding headers before applying the Project Status Spectrum Chart, the data range will be automatically filled into the Axis Labels and Serie Value sections.
3)This feature does not work in Excel 2007 and earlier versions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.