Easily protect multiple sheets / worksheets at a time in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now you want to protect them at once. The built-in method of Excel allows you to only protect one worksheet at a time. If you want to protect multiple worksheets in Excel, you have to protect them one by one. But with Kutools for Excel’s Protect Worksheet utility, you can quickly protect multiple worksheets at once in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus >> Protect Worksheet in the Security group. See screenshots:
1. Open the workbook which you want to protect the sheets / worksheets in Excel, and then apply the utility (Click Kutools Plus > Protect Worksheet).
2. And please check the worksheets which you want to protect with password in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. Note: only the unprotected sheets / worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok and using a password to protect the worksheets in the Protect Worksheet dialog box, at the same time, you can check the options which you want to allow others to do with these worksheets when it is protected. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to protect worksheets.
Please don't worry that you cannot unprotect worksheets without Kutools for Excel. The protected worksheets can also be unprotected by using the Excel's native Unprotect Sheet command.
Please right click on the sheet tab which you want to unprotect and enter the password.
1. Only the unprotected sheets / worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box.
2. If you want to unprotect multiple worksheets you have protected at once, please visit Unprotect Worksheet function.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoIt's the best way to protect excel sheets from unexpected editing or deleting files! I've been using this for years. :)Best regards!Joe
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoUsing it now