Easily protect multiple worksheets at a time in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now you want to protect them at once. With the built-in method of Excel, to protect multiple worksheets, you will have to protect them one by one. But with Kutools for Excel’s Protect Worksheet utility, you can quickly protect multiple worksheets at once in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus >> Protect Worksheets >> Protect Worksheets. See screenshots:
1. Open the workbook which contains the worksheets you want to protect, and then apply the utility (Click Kutools Plus > Protect Worksheets > Protect Worksheets).
2. And please check the worksheets which you want to protect with password in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. Note: only the unprotected worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok and using a password to protect the worksheets in the Protect Worksheet dialog box, at the same time, you can check the options which you want to allow others to do with these worksheets when it is protected. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to protect worksheets.
Please don't worry that you cannot unprotect worksheets without Kutools for Excel. The protected worksheets can also be unprotected by using the Excel's native Unprotect Sheet command.
Please right click on the sheet tab which you want to unprotect and enter the password.
1. Only the unprotected worksheets will be listing in the Protect Worksheet dialog box.
2. The feature cannot be applied to chart sheets.
3. If you want to unprotect multiple worksheets you have protected at once, please use Unprotect Worksheets function.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.