Easily protect multiple sheets / worksheets at a time in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing you have a workbook which contains multiple worksheets, and now you want to protect them at once. The built in method of Excel allows you to only protect one worksheet at a time. If you want to protect multiple worksheets in Excel, you have to protect them one by one. But with Kutools for Excel’s Protect Worksheet utility, you can quickly protect multiple worksheets at once in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Click Enterprise >> Protect Worksheet. See screenshots:
1. Open the workbook which you want to portect the sheets / worksheets in Excel, and then apply the utility (Click Enterprise > Protect Worksheet).
2. And please check the worksheets which you want to protect with password in the Protect Worksheet dialog box. Note: only the unprotected sheets / worksheets will be listing in the the Protect Worksheet dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK and using a password to protect the worksheets in the Protect Worksheet dialog box, at the same time, you can check the options which you want to allow others to do with this worksheet when it is protected. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to protect worksheets.
Please don't worry about you cannot unprotect worksheets without Kutools for Excel. The protected worksheets can also be unprotected by using the Excel's native Unprotect Sheet command.
Please right click on the sheet tab which you want to unprotect and enter the passwords.
1. Only the unprotected sheets / worksheets will be listing in the the Protect Worksheet dialog box.
2. If you want to unprotect multiple worksheets you have protected at once, please visit Unprotect Worksheet function.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 200 Advanced Functions for Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 200 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.