In Excel, you can manually select interval or every other rows or columns with holding the Ctrl key. But if you have thousands of rows in a worksheet, this method will be very troublesome and time consuming. Excel doesn't support you an option to quickly select interval rows or columns with one click. But Kutools for Excel's Select Interval Rows & Columns utility can quickly select interval rows or columns in Excel.
1. Select the range that you want to select every other rows.
2. Go to the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, and check Rows option, then enter the specified number into the Interval of box, and enter the number into Rows box. Tip: For example, if you want to select every 2 rows after each 2 rows in a range, please enter 2 in the Interval of box and enter 2 in the Rows box.
3. Then click Ok. You will see the result as shown in the below screenshot.
Quickly select every other columns
1. Use the button to select the range that you want to select every other columns.
2. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, please specify Columns from Select option. Then specify the Interval of option and Columns option. Tip: If you want to select each column after one column, please type in 1 in the Interval of box and type in 1 in the Columns box. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button, and every other column have been selected in the range as shown in the below screenshot.
If you check Select entire columns, you can quickly highlight the entire selected rows or columns.
Productivity Tools Recommended The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you? Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer. Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.