Select interval (every other) rows or columns in Excel
In Excel, you can manually select interval or every other rows or columns with holding the Ctrl key. But if you have thousands of rows in a worksheet, this method will be very troublesome and time consuming. Excel doesn't support you an option to quickly select interval rows or columns with one click. But Kutools for Excel's Select Interval Rows & Columns utility can quickly select interval rows or columns in Excel.
Quickly select every other row
Quickly select every other column
Office Tab Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier...
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than
300 powerful features; Works with Office
2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Kutools >> Select >> Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshots:
Quickly select every other rows
1. Select the range that you want to select every other rows.
2. Go to the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, and check Rows option, then enter the specified number into the Interval of box, and enter the number into Rows box. Tip: For example, if you want to select every 2 rows after each 2 rows in a range, please enter 2 in the Interval of box and enter 2 in the Rows box.
3. Then click Ok. You will see the result as shown in the below screenshot.
Quickly select every other columns
1. Use the button to select the range that you want to select every other columns.
2. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, please specify Columns from Select option. Then specify the Interval of option and Columns option. Tip: If you want to select each column after one column, please type in 1 in the Interval of box and type in 1 in the Columns box. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK button, and every other column have been selected in the range as shown in the below screenshot.
If you check Select entire columns, you can quickly highlight the entire selected rows or columns.
Productivity Tools Recommended
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?Office Tab
: Using handy tabs in your Office
, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.Kutools for Excel
: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel
2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.Classic Menu for Office
: Bring back familiar menus to Office
2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.