Quickly set scroll area (hide unselected columns and rows at once) in Excel
Kutools for Excel
If you have a worksheet with too many columns and rows, you may want to hide all rows and columns except those in a specific range. By doing this, you can easily stay focus on the actual data you need to deal with, or prevent moving around in the worksheet. With this Set Scroll Area utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly hide unselected columns and rows at once.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools >> Show / Hide >> Set Scroll Area. See screenshot:
1. Select a range that you want to set as scroll area as follows:
2. And then apply Set Scroll Area. And you will get a scroll area as shown in the below figure.
- You can select entire rows or columns for setting scroll area, but a scroll area cannot consist of multiple non-contiguous ranges.
- You can quickly remove the scroll area by applying the "Unhide All Ranges" from "Show / Hide".
- You can also manually remove it from: Click the "select all" button, located at the intersection of the row and column headers; Right click any row number and choose "Unhide" to unhide all rows; Right click any column letter and choose "Unhide" to unhide all columns.
- This feature supports one level Undo. You can press Undo (or Ctrl+Z) immediately to restore the operation.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.