JohnDoe ---- Need it to be John Doe
MichaelJordan ---- Need it to be Michael Jordan
TomSmith ---- Need it to be Tom Smith
While using Microsoft Excel, you can split a single column into separate columns based on cell contents. As the below screenshot shown, you can split full names in a column to first, middle and last name columns separately as you need.
Here we will recommend you a Split Names utility of Kutools for Excel, with this utility, you can easily split full names in a column to first, middle and last name columns at once, and it will enhance your work efficiency.
Supposing you have a list of full names which include first, middle and last names in range A2:A10. For easily splitting these full names into separate columns, please do as follows.
1. Please select the name cells you will split, and click Kutools > Text > Split Names to enable the Split Names dialog box.
2. In the Split Names dialog box, check the First name, Middle name and the Last name boxes as you need, and then click the OK button.
(1) Besides splitting the first, middle and last names together, you can only split one of them by just checking the corresponding option.
(2) If you didn't select the name cells in the first step, you can click the Browse button behind the Range to Split box to select the name cells.
3. Select a specified cell which you want the separated data locates, then click the OK button.
You will see the selected full names are separated to first, middle and last names immediately and located in the specified columns. See screenshot:
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.