Easily vlookup values from right and return results in the left column in Excel
Kutools for Excel
By default, the Excel VLOOKUP function searches for a value by matching on the leftmost column of a table and returning the result from the right column in the same row. If you want to reverse the VLOOKUP function that lookup values from right to left, the LOOKUP from Right to Left feature of Kutools for Excel is highly recommended.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Right to Left to enable the feature. See screenshot:
Supposing you have a table as below screenshot shown, to search values in the Name column and return the corresponding result in the ID column from left hand, please do as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Super LOOKUP > LOOKUP from Right to Left. See screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP from Right to Left dialog box, you need to do the below settings.
- (2.1) In the Lookup Values section, select the range which contains the values you will search for;
- (2.2) In the Output Range section, select the range to output the results;
- (2.3) In the Data range section, select the whole table range which contains the lookup value column and the result range column;
- (2.4) In the Key column drop-down list, select the lookup value column (here I select the name column);
- (2.5) In the Return column drop-down list, choose the result value column (here I select the ID column);
- (2.6) Click the OK button.
- 1. If you want to replace the #N/ error value with a specified value, please check the Replace #N/A error value with a specified value box, and enter the certain value into the text box.
- 2. If the selected data range does not include column headers, please uncheck the My data has headers box.
Then the corresponding results are displayed in the Output Range cells. And you can see formulas are created automatically in the Formula Bar. When changing the searching values, the results will be updated automatically.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.