How to automatically open files when started Excel?
Sometimes, some workbooks are used usually, such as schedule workbooks which needed to be open every day. In this case, you may want to auto open such these workbooks while Excel starting replace to find them and open one by one. Here, in this tutorial, it provides two methods on handling the auto-open files when started Excel.
If you want to read some specific workbooks every day, you can do as below steps to set automatically open the workbooks while Excel started.
1. Enable Excel, click File > Options to display the Excel Options dialog, the click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings.
2. In the Trust Center dialog, click Trusted Locations, and double click at C:\...Office\Office16\XLSTART\.
3. In the popping Microsoft Office Trusted Locations dialog, in the Path section, select the while path C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\XLSTART\ and press Ctrl + C to copy this path.
4. Open a folder, and then press Ctrl + V to paste this copied path to replace its original path, then press Enter key to go to the folder of this path.
5. Then copy and paste the workbooks into the folder XLSTART.
From now on, these workbooks you place at folder XLSTART will be automatically opened while Excel started.
These workbooks which are automatically opened cannot be overwrite, it will pop a dialog as below when you try to save them.
If you want to edit the workbooks which are auto opened while Excel started, you can try this function – Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time in Kutools for Excel.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Open all workbooks you want them to be automatically opened while Excel enable.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time.
3. In the popping dialog, check all workbooks that you want them be opened while Excel started. Click Ok.
Now, while you enable Excel, all the checked workbooks in the Auto Open Those Workbooks Next Time dialog will be opened.
If you want to automatically open workbooks in a folder and be allowed to overwrite them, you can do as below:
1. Click File > Options.
2. Then in the Excel Options dialog, click Advanced tab in left pane, and in right part of the dialog, under General section, paste the folder path which you want to open in ever time Excel started into the At startup, open all files in textbox.
3. Click OK. From now on, while you start Excel, all workbooks in the specific folder will be opened.
Only files in Excel format can be opened, other types of files will not be opened.
These workbooks can be saved if there are some changes.
The files in subfolder cannot be opened.