How to remove spaces between characters and numbers within cells in Excel?
When you copy some data into Excel, there may be some spaces between characters or numbers, and how can you remove all spaces? This tutorial can introduce some tips for you to remove all spaces in the range of cells.
Recommended Productivity Tools
1. In a blank cell C2 which is adjacent to the original data cell, enter the formula =Substitute(A2," ",""). See screenshot:
2. Select C2, then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to apply this formula. Then the original contents are extracted to the new column with all spaces between characters removed. See screenshot:
Sometimes, we want to remove all spaces between character and numbers in a range, we can use Replace function to solve it.
1. Highlight the range that you want to remove all spaces.
2. Click Home > Find & Select > Replace…, the Find and Replace dialog box will pop out.
3. In the Find what box, press the space bar once, don’t input anything in the Replace with box, then click Replace All. There will be a prompt message telling you how many spaces have been removed. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK and close the dialog box, all of the spaces between the values are deleted. See screenshot:
There is a flexible way to remove extra spaces, all spaces, leading spaces, trailing spaces or leading and trailing spaces in a range. If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use the Remove Spaces feature to quickly remove any types of spaces in the range with one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range you want to remove spaces.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Remove Spaces. See screenshot:
3. Then a Remove Spaces dialog box will display, choose All spaces from the Spaces Type that you want to remove, and then click Ok, all the spaces between the cell values have been removed at once. See screenshot:
Note: From the Spaces Type, we can see there are many other spaces types that we can quickly remove with this Remove Spaces tool.
If you want to split names in cells such as split names into first names and last names, the Split Names utility of Kutools for Excel can help you to easily acheive it. See screenshot:
Also, you can split selected cells by certain characters (such as space, new line, semicolon and so on) into rows or columns as you need with the Split range utility.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoThank you a lot.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoExcellent, Very helpful
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you very much.
It was so helpful.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoif it doesnt work for you. First you remove the spaces, then you remove the letters, for example: i have USD 1234.00 , first i do the find & replace just the space between USD and 1234.00, now i have USD1234.00, now i go back to find & replace and on find what: i put USD ( no spaces ), and nothing on REPLACE WITH: then i click on Replace all , and i have now 1234.00 if you do it the other way it doesnt work i dont know why.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you very much!!
- ← Previous
- Next →