I need a formula or a shortcut to add spaces and commas in between the numbers.
For ex:123456789.123456 is my value
the output to be needed in this way 123 , 456 , 798.123 , 456
When you copy or import some data from other applications, you may get the data which contains commas but not have spaces after them. But now, you want to add a space after every comma to make the text string more clearly and standard as following screenshot shown. Do you have any good ideas to deal with this job?
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To add the spaces after commas in your worksheet, you can apply the following simple formula, please do as these:
1. Next to your data, please enter this formula =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A2,",",", ")), (A2 contains the data that you want to add spaces), see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the cells which you want to apply this formula, and all the text strings have been inserted a space after every comma, see screenshot:
In Excel, you can also use the Find and Replace function to replace the comma by comma + space, you can do as following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to add spaces after commas.
2. Then click Home > Find & Select > Replace or you can press Ctrl + H keys to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
3. In the opened Find and Replace dialog, enter a comma into the Find what text box, and type a comma and a space into the Replace with text box, see screenshot:
4. And then click Replace All button, the spaces have been inserted after the commas.