How to add spaces between numbers in cells?
Supposing you have a column of phone numbers which you want to add spaces between them to make the number looks more intuitive and easier reading as following screenshot shown. How could you add the spaces between numbers at specific positions in multiple cells in Excel?
Add spaces between numbers at specific position:
With Kutools for Excel’s Add Text feature, you can quickly add specific character at the first, last or any position of the text strings or numbers.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
You can use the following formulas to add spaces for separating the phone number, please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula: =TEXT(A2,"### #### ####") into a blank cell besides your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and the spaces have been added to the numbers at specific positions, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2 is the cell contains the number that you want to separate, ### #### #### indicates the number will be formatted as this formatting, you can change the format as you need.
2. Sometimes, you need to insert space between each number within the cell, you can use this formula: =TEXT(A2,"# # # # # # #") to get the following result:
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, with its Add Text utility, you can quickly add any characters to the cell value at specified position.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with following steps:
1. Select the number cells that you want to add spaces.
2. Click Kutools > Text > Add Text, see screenshot:
3. In the Add Text dialog box, type the space bar once into the Text box, and select Specify option under the Position section, then enter the number of the position where you want to insert the spaces, at the same time, you can preview the result from the right pane, see screenshot:
4. Then click Ok or Apply button, the spaces have been added into the number at specific position, see screenshots:
With this utility, there is another tricky option to help you insert the spaces for each number within the cell. In the Add Text dialog box, please type a space character in the Text box, and select Only add to option and choose 1st character is number from the drop down, and the spaces have been inserted in the front of each number in the cell. See screenshot:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks so much! Using the formula worked great! This is one of the coolest Excel tricks I have learned in a long time!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago" Add Spaces Between Numbers In Cell With Formulas" is not working