Quickly select multiple items from drop-down lists in Excel
Kutools for Excel
If you have set data validation (drop-down list) for a cell, you can select one item from the drop-down list only. And if you select an item from the drop-down list again, the item selected later will overwrite the existing one. Is it able to append lately selected items, and make multiple selections from the drop-down list? Yes, the Multi-select Drop-down List feature of Kutools for Excel brings you a choice.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can enable the Multi-select Drop-down List feature, and select multiple items from the drop-down lists in data validation (drop-down list) ranges easily.
1. Click Kutools > Drop-down List > Multi-select Drop-down List > Settings.
2. In the Multi-select Drop-down List Settings dialog, please configure as follows:
(1) Specify the applying scope in the Apply to section. In my case, I specify Current worksheet as applying scope.
- If you need to apply the feature in a certain range, please tick the Specified Range option, and specify the range address into below box;
- If you need to apply the feature to current worksheet, current workbook, or all workbooks, please choose corresponding option from the Specified Scope drop-down list.
(2) Specify the text direction as you need. In my case, I choose Horizontally.
(3) In the Separator box, please enter a delimiter as you need.
(4) It’s optional to tick the Do not add duplicates option only or tick both the Do not add duplicates and Remove Duplicates options as you need.
(1) If you don’t want to make duplicates in drop-down cells, please check the Do not add duplicates box only in the Options section;
(2) If you want to remove items which you have specified from the drop-down list, please check both the Do not add duplicates box and the Remove Duplicates box.
3. Click the Ok button to save the settings.
4. Click Kutools > Drop-down List, and tick the checkbox before Multi-select Drop-down List to enable this feature.
Now in the specified applying scope, you can select multiple items from drop-down lists in every cell that you have set data validation (drop-down list) for.
1. This Multi-select Drop-down List feature will turn off after closing the workbook. You need to enable it again by clicking Kutools > Drop-down List > Multi-select Drop-down List when reopening workbook.
2. You can apply the Clear Data Validation Restrictions feature of Kutools for Excel to clear the data validation of drop-down lists from selections.
3. If you have opened the Multi-select Drop-down List Settings dialog and specified the applying range before, it will automatically specify the same applying range in the Apply to section when you open the dialog in future.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoTried drop down - multilple selections feature in excel 2019. It didn't work