Quickly filter cells by the background color in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Supposing there are some cells with different background colors, now you want to filter the cells based on one specific background color, how can you quickly filer it out? With the Special Filter function of Kutools for Excel, you not only can filer cells by background color, but also can directly change the font color or background color of the filtered results.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter, check Format option and select Background Color from drop down list. See screenshot:
1. Select the column range you will filter from, and click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter.
2. Then in the Special Filter dialog, do as this:
1, Check the Format checkbox;
2, Select Background Color from the left drop down list;
3, Select one color you want to filter by from the right drop down list;
4, Or you can click button to suck a color from a cell you want to filter by.
3. Click Ok. A dialog pops out to remind you how many cells are filtered out.
4. Click the OK button to close the Kutools for Excel dialog box.
Then the cells have been filtered by the specific background color. See screenshot:
1. If you want to change the font color or background color of the filtered results for highlighting, you can check Font Color or Background Color checkbox, and select a color in the Processing of result sections in Special Filter dialog. See screenshots:
2. If you want to select entire rows of filtered results, you can check the Select entire row option in the Special Filter dialog.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.