Quickly filter cells by the font color in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, you can filter cells by some criteria such as bigger than, less than, but have you ever tried to filter cells based on a specific font color or the font color of one specific cell? Here, Kutools for Excel’s Special Filter function can help you quickly and easily solving this job in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter, check Format option and select Font Color form drop down list. See screenshot:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Special Filter > Special Filter to enable Special Filter dialog, and click to select the column you want to filter.
2. Then in the Special Filter dialog, do as this:
1, Check the Format checkbox;
2, Select Font Color from the left drop down list;
3, Select one color you want to filter by from the right drop down list;
4, Or you can click button to suck a color from a cell you want to filter by.
3. Click Ok. A dialog pops out to remind you how many cells are filtered out.
4. Click the OK button to close the dialog box.
Then the cells have been filtered by the specific font color.
1. If you want to change the font color or background color of the filtered results for highlighting, you can check Font Color or Background Color checkbox, and select a color in the Processing of result sections in Special Filter dialog. See screenshots:
2. If you have checked the Select entire row option in the Special Filter dialog box, it will select entire rows of all filtered cells.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.