How to find the most frequent text with criteria in Excel?
This article will talk about how to find the most occurred text based on the specific criteria from a range of cells in Excel. At the same time, I will also introduce the formula for extracting the most frequently occurring text in a column.
|Find the most frequent text||Find the most frequent text based on criteria|
- Find the most frequent occurring text in a column with array formula
- Find the most frequent occurring text based on criteria with array formulas
- Find the most frequent occurring text between two given dates with array formula
If you just want to find and extract the most occurred text from a list of cells, please apple the below formula:
The generic formula syntax is:
- range: is the list of cells that you want to find the most frequent occurring text.
1. Enter or copy this formula into a blank cell where you want to output the result:
2. And then, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously, and you will get the correct result as below screenshot shown:
Sometimes, you may need to find the most frequent occurring text based on a specific condition, for example, you want to find the most occurred name which Project is Project A as below screenshot shown:
The generic formula syntax is:
- range1: is the range of cells that you want to find the most frequent occurring text.
- range2=criteria: is the range of cells contain the specific criteria that you want to find name based on.
1. Please enter or copy the below formula into a blank cell:
2. And then, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously, the most frequent occurring name of Project A has been extracted, see screenshot:
This section is going to talk about how to find the most common text which is between two given dates. For instance, to find the most frequent name based on the dates which is between 6/28/2019 and 7/5/2019, the following array formula may help you:
1. Please apply the below formula into a blank cell:
2. And then, press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together, the most frequent occurring name between the specific two dates has been extracted, see screenshot:
More relative most frequent text articles:
- Conditional Formatting Based On Frequency (The Most Common Number/Text)
- For example you want to conditionally format the most frequent cells in a range, how could you quickly to solve it in Excel? And what if conditional formatting entire rows based on frequencies of values in the specified column? This article provides two workarounds.
- Find The Second Most Common/Frequent Number Or Text In Excel
- We can apply the MODE function to find out the most frequent number from a range at ease in Excel. However, how about finding out the second most frequent number from a column? And what if finding out the second most common text value from a column? Here we get some workarounds for you.
- Find Most Common Value(Number Or Text String) From A List In Excel
- Supposing you have a list of names which contain some duplicates, and now, you want to extract the value that appears the most frequently. The direct way is to count the data one by one from the list to get the result, but if there are thousands of names in the column, this way will be troublesome and time-consuming. The following tutorial will introduce you some tricks to solve this task quickly and conveniently.
- Sort Data By The Most Frequent Value In Excel
- Supposing you have a long list of data in your worksheet, and now you would like to sort this list by the frequency of which each word occurs. That is to say, the most common value (for example, occurs four times in the column) is listed first, and then be followed by the words which occur three times, twice and once as following screenshots shown. How could you solve this task in Excel?
- Find The Most Common Text Value In A List In Google Sheets
- If you have a long list of cells which contains some duplicate values, now, you want to find the most common text value which appears in the data list in Google sheets. How could you solve this job without checking one by one?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoWow its Great Information
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThis section is going to talk about how to find the most common text which is between two given dates. https://mybpcreditcard.org
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoTo extricate the word or content worth that happens most every now and again in a range, you can utilize a recipe dependent on a few capacities INDEX, MATCH, and MODE - Winning of $100 is simple with DG survey from https://dgcustomerfirst-com.com/
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoTo extract the word or text value that occurs most frequently in a range, you can use a formula based on several functions INDEX, MATCH, and MODE https://www.mcdvoice.onl/