Excel: Use shortcuts to quickly expand drop-down list
In Excel, generally, you may move cursor to click the down arrow button to expand the drop-down list. Sometimes, you may think to move cursor is annoying. Here introduces a group of shortcuts to quickly expand drop-down list and select value from list without moving cursor.
Note: the methods provided in this tutorial are tested in Excel 2021, there may be some different in different Excel verisions.
Shortcuts for expanding drop-down list
Select a cell that you want to expand its drop-down list.
Press Alt + down arrow button, then the drop-down list is expanded.
Press down arrow to choose the value in drop-down list that you want to fill in cell, press Enter key to fill it in cell.
Go on pressing down arrow key to jump to next value, and repeat above steps to expand the drop-down list and fill value.
How To Fix/Lock Background Color In A Sheet
Sometimes, when you share a sheet with others to edit, you may want to lock the background color in a range of cells and prevent them to be changed.
How To Reduce Excel File Size?
Sometimes, it will take minutes to open or save if the Excel file is too large. For solving this problem, here in this tutorial, it tells you how to reduce the Excel file size by removing the contents or formats which are unnecessary or never used.
Excel: How To Create Or Insert A Bookmark
Have you ever imagined creating or inserting a bookmark for quickly jumping to a specific data range while there is a lot of data in a worksheet or a workbook?
How to apply shading to odd or even (alternative) rows/columns in Excel?
While designing a worksheet, many people tend to apply shading to odd or even (alternative) rows or columns in order to make the worksheet more visual. This article will show you two methods to apply shading to odd or even rows/columns in Excel.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Pivot Table Grouping by week number, day of week and more... Show Unlocked, Locked Cells by different colors; Highlight Cells That Have Formula/Name...
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!