Quickly create a dynamic polyline chart with scroll bar in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Boosts Excel With 300+
A dynamic polyline chart with scroll bar highlights a specific data point in a two-dimensional dataset by scrolling the scroll bar and selecting an item in the list as shown below. To create a dynamic line chart, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Dynamic Polyline Chart feature, which enables you to get this job done with few clicks.
To quickly create a dynamic polyline chart with scroll bar, please do as follows:
Step 1: Click Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Dynamic Polyline Chart
Step 2: Select data in the pop-up Dynamic Polyline Chart dialog box
- Series Values: Select all the data points from the source range except for axes (row headers and column headers).
- Series Names: Select the vertical axis (y axis).
- Axis Labels Range: Select the horizontal axis (x axis).
Step 3: Click OK to get the result
A dynamic line chart is created instantly once you clicked OK. Now you can move the scroll bar to see the data point on a different horizontal axis, or select a different item from the list to see data of the corresponding item.
- Instead of selecting the data by yourself, you can select the whole table first, and then click on the Dynamic Polyline Chart feature. So that the corresponding range boxes will be filled automatically.
- The numbers of rows in the Series Values range must be equal to the number of cells in the Axis Label Range; The number of columns in the Series Values range must be equal to the number of cells in the Series Names range.
- The feature supports undo ( ).
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 30 days.