Quickly find cells which contain date type values based on criteria in Excel
Kutools for Excel
With the Find and Replace function in Excel, you only can find cells within comments/formulas/values based on a criterion. However, if you want to find cells in date format based on criteria, only the Super Find utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a nice favor. With the Super Find utility, you can search all date cells, or find the cells which contain the specific date in Excel as you need.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Apply Super Find function by clicking Kutools > Super Find
1. Click Kutools > Super Find to display the Super Find pane.
2. In Super Find pane, do as following steps:
1) In Within drop-down list, you can choose a finding range among Selection, Active sheet, Selected sheets, Active workbook, and All workbooks.
2) Click Dates button in the Type section.
3) Choose one criterion you use to find cells which contain date type values based on in Type drop-down list.
4) In Value text box, type in the specific criterion, or you can click to extract the cell which contains criterion to the Value text box.
3. Click Find button, all date cells which meet the criteria will be listed on the Result box.
Note: If you want to select the relative cells, rows or columns after finding the results, The Select by section in Super Find utility can do you a favor. But notice, this function can only be used while the Selection and Active sheet are enabled in Within section in Super Find dialog.
4. After finding the results, select Cells, Rows or Columns from the Select by drop-down list, then click the Select button. It will select all finding results by cells, rows or columns.
1. In Super Find pane, you also can find text in comments, formula, text, and hyperlinks at the same time, just need to enable all relative buttons in the Within section.
2. You can click on any result in Super Find pane to shift to that cell immediately.
3. The Super Find pane can be moved and resized as you need.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.