Quickly insert or create barcode into cells based on specific value in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Have you still been painful for inserting barcode based on cell value in Excel? This article, I will introduce a useful tool- Kutools for Excel, with its Insert Barcode feature, you can quickly insert various types of barcodes, such as: UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, Code-128 and so on.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Insert the corresponding barcode based on the specific cell value, please do with the following steps:
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Activate the worksheet contains the specific values you want to insert barcode based on.
2. Then, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Barcode, see screenshot:
3. And then, in the Insert Barcode pane, please set the following settings:
(1.) Select the type of barcode that you want to insert from the Barcode type drop down list; you can click Preview Barcode to preview the type of selected barcode.
(2.) Then, select the data cells that you want to insert the barcodes based on, and choose the cells where to locate the barcodes under the Data Range and Insert Range separately;
(3.) Specify the Validation, Direction, Width and Height for the barcode as you need;
(4.) Check the Show barcode number as you need, when checking it, the barcode number will be displayed at the bottom of the barcode.
4. Then, click Apply button, and the relative barcodes have been inserted into the cells matches with the cell values, see screenshot:
From the Validation drop down list, there are 3 options for you to select:
If select Do not verify option, it will insert a warning text that The cell value Does not match with specified barcode type when the text value is not match the barcode type;
If select Repair invalid data option, the invalid data will be repaired into the valid data when inserting the corresponding barcode type;
If select Display blank for invalid data option, it will insert a blank barcode when there is invalid data.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.