Quickly insert or create barcode into cells based on specific value in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Have you still been painful for inserting barcode based on cell value in Excel? This article, I will introduce a useful tool- Kutools for Excel, with its Insert Barcode feature, you can quickly insert various types of barcodes, such as: UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, Code-128 and so on.
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Kutools works with Office 2007-2019 and 365. It supports all languages, and very easy to install or deploy. Full features 60-day free trial.
Insert the corresponding barcode based on the specific cell value, please do with the following steps:
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Activate the worksheet contains the specific values you want to insert barcode based on.
2. Then, click Kutools > Insert > Insert Barcode, see screenshot:
3. And then, in the Insert Barcode pane, please set the following settings:
(1.) Select the type of barcode that you want to insert from the Barcode type drop down list; you can click Preview Barcode to preview the type of selected barcode.
(2.) Then, select the data cells that you want to insert the barcodes based on, and choose the cells where to locate the barcodes under the Data Range and Insert Range separately;
(3.) Specify the Validation, Direction, Width and Height for the barcode as you need;
(4.) Check the Show barcode number as you need, when checking it, the barcode number will be displayed at the bottom of the barcode.
4. Then, click Apply button, and the relative barcodes have been inserted into the cells matches with the cell values, see screenshot:
From the Validation drop down list, there are 3 options for you to select:
If select Do not verify option, it will insert a warning text that The cell value Does not match with specified barcode type when the text value is not match the barcode type;
If select Repair invalid data option, the invalid data will be repaired into the valid data when inserting the corresponding barcode type;
If select Display blank for invalid data option, it will insert a blank barcode when there is invalid data.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.