Quickly generate/list all possible combinations of certain lists in Excel
Kutools for Excel
For example, I need to list all possible combinations of three lists in ranges of A2:A6, B2:B8, and C2:C6 as following screen shot shown. There are 175 combinations with these three lists, and it will be quite time-consuming and error-prone to list all of them by my own. But Kutools for Excel’s List All Combinations utility can help us easily generate and list all possible combinations of given lists in a short time in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click the Kutools > Insert > List All Combinations, see screen shots:
This utility will list all possible combinations of given lists of data in a column easily. Please do as follows:
1. Click the Kutools > Insert > List All Combinations.
2. In the opening List All Combinations dialog box, you need to:
(1) Click the Type box and select Value from the drop down list;
Tip: Please select Separator from the drop down list if you need to add separator in combinations.
(2) Click the Browse button to select the list of data that you will generate combinations from, and click the OK button.
Tip: You can also type data into the Text box directly, and please separate each entry with comma “,”.
(3) Click the Add button.
(4) Repeat above step (1) – (3) to add more lists of data and separators based on your needs.
3. After finish the settings, please click the Ok button, in the popping up dialog box, specify the first cell address of destination range that you will output all combinations, and click the OK button.
Now all possible combinations of given lists of data are generated and listed into the specified range at once.
Note: After inserting the values or separators into the dialog box, you can check the items you want to list the combinations based on, and uncheck other items that you don't need.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello. Thanks for the List All combinations tool. However, some combinations exceed the total number of rows excel can offer in a given column (1,048,576). Is it possible to let the list continue in another column within the same sheet? Or even have the tool in word or text which doesn't limit the rows? I appreciate your feedback!