Quickly list all files and sub-directories of a folder or directory in Excel
Kutools for Excel
Many people may wonder why there is no direct way to get and create a list of files of a specific folder or directory in Excel. But with the Kutools for Excel’s Filename List utility, all files and sub-directories of a specific folder or directory will be listed with the file attributes in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Click Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Filename List. See screenshot:
1. Open the workbook that you want to create a list of files from a specific folder in a new worksheet, and then apply the Filename List utility by clicking Kutools Plus > Import & Export > Filename List.
2. In the Filename List dialog box, do the following operations:
(1.) Click button to select the directory which you want to list the files;
(2.) If you need to list the files in subfolders or list hidden files, please check Include files in subdirectories or Include hidden files and folders option.
(3.) Specify the file type that you want to list under the Files type section;
(4.) Select one file size unit you want to display from the File size unit section.
(5.) Checking Create hyperlinks option will create hyperlink for each listed file.
3. After finishing the above settings, click Ok to create the list. All of the files contained in the folder have been displayed with some attributes in a new worksheet. See screenshot:
Tip: The list will contain other attributes, such as file size, file type, created date and so on.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.