Create a multi-layer column chart in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, the built-in column chart is used to compare the values across a few categories. However, in some cases, there are multiple values in one category, how to display and compare all values of each category in a column chart? With Kutools for Excel, the Multi Layer Column Chart in the Charts tool can create a column chart with multi layers for you in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Create a multi-layer column chart
Click Kutools > Charts > Category Comparison > Multi Layer Column Chart. See screenshot:
In the Multi Layer Column Chart dialog, click the browse button to select the data range including headers to the Data range section, then specify one style of chart and decide to show or hide data labels as you need in the Chart Type section.
Show data labels: tick this checkbox, the values of every data will be displayed in the related column, otherwise, nothing will be shown in the columns.
Example: if you use this utility for the first time, you can click the Example button to open a new workbook which contains example data and the created multi-layer column chart for you to study.
Click Ok, the multi-layer column chart has been created.
Style 1: show X and Y axis labels.
Style 2: show X and Y axis labels, and the top values of each category.
Style 3: show x axis labels only.
1. If the data is changed greatly, the chart may be changed incorrectly. In this case, please recreate the chart based on the new data.
2. In Excel 2007 and 2010, the chart may be shown incorrectly while changing original data.
3. A hidden sheet named Kutools_Chart will be created to store data, do not change the data in this sheet, otherwise, some error may occur.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.