Kutools for Excel
Quickly apply phone number data validation to cells in Excel
Sometimes, you may need to create a sheet for employees to enter their phone numbers in a specified format. How can you allow the users to type data in a specified phone number only in Excel? Here, the Validate Phone Number utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor on this job.Demo
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns and Keeping Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows and Sum/Average... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Favorite and Quickly Insert Formulas, Ranges, Charts and Pictures; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- Kutools works with Office 2007-2019 and 365. It supports all languages, and very easy to install or deploy. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Select the cells you want to apply the phone number data validation, then click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate Phone Number.
2. In the Phone number dialog, there list some usually used phone number formats, you can choose one of them and preview it in below preview section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK or Apply, a dialog pops out to tell you the data validation which only accept the specified phone number format has been successfully set.
Now the selected cells only allow the specified phone number format to enter, or it pops out a warning dialog.
: If you want to apply a new phone number format, you can click Add button, and specify the new phone number format as you need in the Add phone number dialog. After specifying the Name, Prefix and Data case, click Generate to create this new data validation format. Then click OK to successfully add this format.
：Select one of listed phone number formats, and click Edit button. Then in the Edit phone number dialog, edit this format as you need, click Generate to successfully generate the new format, and click OK to change this phone number format.
: Select one of listed phone number formats, and click Remove button. Then the selected format will be removed.
: Click Import button, the default phone number formats will be imported.
If you want to clear the data validation, click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Clear Data Validation Restrictions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.