Kutools for Excel
Quickly apply phone number data validation to cells in Excel
Sometimes, you may need to create a sheet for employees to enter their phone numbers in a specified format. How can you allow the users to type data in a specified phone number only in Excel? Here, the Validate Phone Number utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor on this job.Demo
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select the cells you want to apply the phone number data validation, then click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Validate Phone Number.
2. In the Phone number dialog, there list some usually used phone number formats, you can choose one of them and preview it in below preview section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK or Apply, a dialog pops out to tell you the data validation which only accept the specified phone number format has been successfully set.
Now the selected cells only allow the specified phone number format to enter, or it pops out a warning dialog.
: If you want to apply a new phone number format, you can click Add button, and specify the new phone number format as you need in the Add phone number dialog. After specifying the Name, Prefix and Data case, click Generate to create this new data validation format. Then click OK to successfully add this format.
：Select one of listed phone number formats, and click Edit button. Then in the Edit phone number dialog, edit this format as you need, click Generate to successfully generate the new format, and click OK to change this phone number format.
: Select one of listed phone number formats, and click Remove button. Then the selected format will be removed.
: Click Import button, the default phone number formats will be imported.
If you want to clear the data validation, click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Clear Data Validation Restrictions.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.