Table of Contents for Excel Category List
1.1 Import & Export
- 1.1.1 Import text, csv, xml, file or worksheet/workbook
- 1.1.2 Export graphics, ranges, worksheets, and others
- 1.2.1 Print areas, selections, pages, sheets, and workbooks
- 1.2.2 Special Print (print ignoring blank, print in reverse order, print titles, etc.)
- 1.3.1 View Settings (default view settings, freeze panes, Excel windows, zoom, etc.)
- 1.3.2 Show / Hide (Excel window elements, zeros, etc.)
1.4 Excel Options
Editing options, save & recover options, trust center, and so on.
1.5 Excel Templates
Create, edit, and apply templates in Excel.
Convert between Excel workbooks and PDF / CSV / HTML / TXT files, and convert between XLSX files and XLS files.
1.8 Page Setup
Set header and footer, page numbers, page breaks, watermark, and others in Excel workbooks.
1.9 Other Tips
2.1 Change Cell Content
- 2.1.1 Add characters, prefix/suffix, space, zeros, etc.
- 2.1.2 Change case, reverse text orders, or others
- 2.3.1 Convert between numbers and text/date/time
- 2.3.2 Currency conversion & unit conversation
- 2.3.3 Convert sign of values, number systems, etc.
2.4 Copy & Paste
- 2.4.1 Copy cell values, formatting, or size
- 2.4.2 Copy ranges, sheets, or objects
- 2.4.3 Copy with criteria or formulas, and others
- 2.4.4 Paste Special (paste as picture, paste transpose, transform range, transpose table dimensions, etc.)
- 2.4.5 Paste to visible range and others
2.5 Clear & Delete
- 2.5.1 Clear content and formatting of cells or objects
- 2.5.2 Delete cells, rows, or columns
- 2.5.3 Delete characters, spaces or others
2.6 Extract Data
2.7 Fill Cell Content
- 2.7.1 AutoFill or fill cells
- 2.7.2 Insert date/time or sequence numbers
- 2.7.3 Insert random data or workbook information
2.9 Hide or Unhide
- 2.9.1 Hide or unhide rows, columns, or sheets
- 2.9.2 Hide or unhide formulas, cell contents, or others
- 2.10.1 Select cells (select blank/nonblank cells, select cells by formatting, select cells randomly, select max/min cells, etc.)
- 2.10.2 Select rows, columns, ranges, or sheets
- 2.10.3 Change selections and others
Split cells by delimiters or width, split names, split text and numbers, split to rows, and split columns/range, etc.
2.16 Other Tips
- 3.1.1 Create charts (bell curve chart, floating column chart, timeline chart, bullet chart, etc.)
- 3.1.2 Format charts (chart elements, add lines, chart position, chart color, etc.)
- 3.1.3 Copy, move, export, or analyze charts and others
3.4 PivotTable and PivotChart
- 3.4.1 Data source and fields of PivotTable
- 3.4.2 Sort, filter, group, and format PivotTable
- 3.4.3 Refresh PivotTable and others
- 3.4.4 PivotChart
Custom list, list of combinations or permutations, list of dates or weekdays, list of sheets or files or folders, list of unique values, etc.
3.9 Other Tips
4.1 Format Cells
- 4.1.1 Format cell alignment and border
- 4.1.2 Format font and fill color for cells
- 4.1.3 Format number cells and others
4.2 Conditional formatting
- 4.2.1 Conditional formatting by dates, numbers, or values
- 4.2.2 Conditional formatting duplicate/unique values, top/bottom vales, or icon sets
- 4.2.3 Conditional formatting scope or others
5.1 Data Validation
- 5.2.1 Auto filter & number/date/text filter
- 5.2.2 Filter by criteria & clear filter
- 5.2.3 Other filter
- 5.3.1 Auto sort & advanced sort
- 5.3.2 Sort numbers, dates, or sheets
- 5.3.3 Sort randomly/horizontally or reverse sort
- 5.3.4 Sort by list/formatting or others
5.7 Other tips
6. Review & Security
6.1 Protect cells
6.2 Protect sheets
Automatically protect worksheets, protect multiple worksheets in bulk, edit protected worksheets, and prevent operations in protected worksheets, etc.
Protect multiple workbooks, protect workbook templates, and share workbooks.
Insert or delete comments, edit comment contents, export comments, format comments, show or hide comments, convert between comments and cell contents, and others.
7. Calculation & Formulas
7.1 Look for a value
- 7.1.1 Vlookup Vlookup and return multiple or special values, Vlookup by max/min value or special criteria, vlookup in special order or special range, vlookup with case sensitive, and so on.
- 7.1.2 Find closest value, find most common value, find value by position, and others
7.2 Date & Time
- 7.2.1 Add hours/minutes/seconds or years/months/weeks/days to time or date
- 7.2.2 Calculate age, date difference, or time difference
- 7.2.3 Calculate and return year, quarter, month, day of week, or date
- 7.2.4 Check date/time or others
7.3 Math Functions
- 7.3.1 SUM Sum with criteria, sum across sheets, sum excluding cells, sum until meeting condition, sum visible cells only, and sum calculations.
- 7.3.2 ROUND Round up, round down, round even, round odd, round date/time, etc.
- 7.3.3 ABS, SQTR, SUMIF, and SUMPRODUCT
7.4 Statistic Functions
- 7.4.1 AVERAGE Calculate average by date or criteria, average ignoring zeros or special values, weight average, and other average calculations.
- 7.4.2 COUNT Count cells with criteria, count characters or works in cells or ranges, count days between two dates, count duplicate, unique values, or other special cells, count ignoring cells, count sheets or workbooks, and other counting calculations.
- 7.4.3 MAX & MIN Find max or min value with criteria, find max or min value in a group, find max or min excluding special values (says 0), find the nth highest or smallest values, etc.
- 7.4.4 RANK Calculate rank percentile, rank with criteria, rank across worksheets, rank ignore special values (says 0), etc.
- 7.4.5 MEDIAN, PERCENTILE, QUARTILE, etc.
7.5 User Defined Functions
- 7.5.1 Edit Cells Apply user defined functions to change cell content, combine cells/rows/columns, convert, delete or clear cell content, extract content, fill cell content, split cell content, and so on.
- 7.5.2 Calculation Apply user defined functions to statistic, do math calculations, look for values, date/time calculations, and so on.
- 7.5.3 Inserting, formatting, data, etc.
7.6 Formula Examples
This section lists articles that use formulas to solve problems in Excel. The articles and Excel functions applied in the corresponding articles are separated and displayed in two columns.
Do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division with formulas, calculate percentages, calculate interest/payment/tax/price, etc.
Hide, highlight formula errors, or replace formula errors with 0, blank, or certain text; ignore blank or zero, show or hide formula, show or hide trace arrows, update formulas, and so on.
Change, lock cell references in formulas, copy formulas, replace formulas with their calculation result, named ranges, and other formula tips.
- 8.1.1 Buttons Create, change, and format command buttons in Excel, etc.
- 8.1.2 Check Box, combo box, and list box Create, format, link check boxes, combo boxes, and list boxes.
- 8.1.3 Option button and other controls
8.2 Macros & VBA
- 8.2.1 File Apply VBA code to set Excel options, import/export worksheets, workbooks, graphics, csv/text/pdf files, save/close/open workbooks, configure page setup, print, view, etc.
- 8.2.2 Insert Apply VBA code to insert illustrations, links, lists, PivotTable/PivotChart, rows/columns, and other objects in Excel easily.
- 8.2.3 Edit Apply VBA code to change cell content, combine cells/ranges/sheets, convert numbers/file format, copy/paste, delete or clear content and formatting, fill cell content, find and replace, go to cell, range, or sheets, etc.
- 8.2.4 Format Apply VBA code to configure conditional formatting, format cells, and so on.
- 8.2.5 Data Check data with VBA code, or apply VBA code to set data validation, filter, sort, etc.
- 8.2.6 Review & Security Apply VBA code to add, change, format comments, protect cells/sheets/workbooks, and so on.
- 8.2.7 Calculation Use VBA code to configure calculation options, do math calculations (including sum, count, average, round, rank, etc.), and others.
- 8.2.8 Developer Apply VBA code to insert, format, or delete controls, macros, and others.
- 8.2.9 Mailings and others Apply VBA code to send emails, set signatures, add attachments, and other operations in Excel as well.
Many users prefer to shortcut keys to help themselves work more effectively in Excel. This section collects articles which use frequently used shortcuts, function keys, etc. to solve problems in Excel. For example, press Ctrl + ; keys to insert the current date, press Shift + Enter keys to jump to the last cell of current selection, and so on.
As an online spreadsheets of Google apps, Google Sheets is an easy-to-use application to help users work online and collaborate with others no matter you are working in your office, home, or somewhere else. This section lists some tutorials about how to use the Google Sheets, such as adding prefix to multiple cells in Google sheets, changing cases in Google sheets, and so on.
This section lists articles about mailings skills in Excel, and articles that cannot be grouped to above categories/sections.