How to remove all Macros in Excel?
Sometimes you record and create macros in Excel, or receive workbooks with macros. In some cases, you will need to remove all of the macros from workbook. Here we will share two ways to delete all macros in Excel conveniently and quickly.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Usually we can remove macros one by one with Macro command in Excel.
Step 1: Please click View > Macros > View Macros, see screenshot:
Step 2: Then you get into the Macro dialog box. Select a macro that you want to delete, and choose All open workbooks from drop down list in Macros in area. See screenshot:
Step 3: Click the Delete button, and the selected macro is deleted, and you can redo the Step 2 and Step 3 to remove other macros one by one.
This Macro command can delete only one macro each time. Though it is not required to close the Macro dialog box, we have to delete all macros one by one with the repeating clicking mouse. It will be OK for a few macros, but must be tedious to remove numerous ones with this method.
Kutools for Excel's Remove all Macros makes it possible to remove all macros in the whole workbook with only one click.
Step 1: Click Kutools > Delete Tools > Remove All Macros, see screenshot:
Step 2: And a warning box will remind you all the format of macros are not inspected by the Document Inspector will be deleted.
Step 3: Click OK, and a prompt box will pop out to tell you all the macros have been removed successfully.
Note: This Remove All Macros tool require users to check the Trust access to the VBA project object model option when you use this tool for the first time. And you can check it with File >> Options >> Trust Center >> Trust Center Settings >> Macro settings >> Trust access to the VBA project object model.
For more detailed information about Remove All Macros, please visit Remove All Macros feature description.
Besides removing all macros in a workbook with Kutools for Excel, you can also batch remove all macros from multiple workbooks at once with the Batch Remove All Macros utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Delete > Batch Remove All Macros to enable this utility.
2. In the Remove All Macros dialog box, you can see all opened workbooks are displayed in the dialog box. If you want to remove all macros from other workbooks, please click the Add button, and then click File or Folder option. See screenshot:
Note: You can click the button to remove the unneeded workbook.
3. In the Open dialog box, find and select the workbooks with Macros you want to remove, and then click the Open button.
4. Now it returns to the Remove All Macros dialog box with the selected workbooks listed inside. Please click the OK button to start removing. See screenshot:
5. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many Macros are removed, click the OK button.
Now all Macros in selected workbooks are removed successfully. And you will get a new workbook with the finally removed status of each workbook showing.
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...