How to remove all Macros in Excel?
Sometimes you record and create macros in Excel, or receive workbooks with macros. In some cases, you will need to remove all of the macros from workbook. Here we will share two ways to delete all macros in Excel conveniently and quickly.
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
Usually we can remove macros one by one with Macro command in Excel.
Step 1: Please click View > Macros > View Macros, see screenshot:
Step 2: Then you get into the Macro dialog box. Select a macro that you want to delete, and choose All open workbooks from drop down list in Macros in area. See screenshot:
Step 3: Click the Delete button, and the selected macro is deleted, and you can redo the Step 2 and Step 3 to remove other macros one by one.
This Macro command can delete only one macro each time. Though it is not required to close the Macro dialog box, we have to delete all macros one by one with the repeating clicking mouse. It will be OK for a few macros, but must be tedious to remove numerous ones with this method.
Kutools for Excel's Remove all Macros makes it possible to remove all macros in the whole workbook at the same time with only one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1: Click Kutools > Delete > Remove All Macros, see screenshot:
2. Then a prompt box pops out to tell you all the macros have been removed successfully, click the OK button.
Note: If the Trust access to the VBA project object model option dose not enable in your workbook, a dialog box will display to remind you to enable this option firstly before removing all macros from current workbook.
If you want to have a trial of the Remove All Macros function, please go to free download and install the software first, and then go to apply the operation according to above steps.
Besides removing all macros in a workbook with Kutools for Excel, you can also batch remove all macros from multiple workbooks at once with the Batch Remove All Macros utility of Kutools for Excel.
1. Click Kutools > Delete > Batch Remove All Macros to enable this utility.
2. In the Remove All Macros dialog box, you can see all opened workbooks are displayed in the dialog box. If you want to remove all macros from other workbooks, please click the Add button, and then click File or Folder option to select the workbooks you need to remove macros from. See screenshot:
Note: You can click the button to remove the unneeded workbook.
3. Now all selected workbooks are displayed in the Remove All Macros dialog box, please click the OK button to start removing. See screenshot:
4. Then a dialog box pops up to tell you how many Macros are removed, click the OK button.
Now all Macros in selected workbooks are removed successfully. And you will get a new workbook with the report of the removing list inside.
You can get the free trial of Batch Remove All Macros function in 60 days from here.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...