How to quickly insert diagonal line in a cell?
When we process some tasks in Excel, sometimes we may need to insert diagonal line in a cell for creating a table in Excel. You can insert diagonal line in Excel as follows:
Classic Menu for Office: brings back classic menus to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: brings tabbed interface to Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
With the border function in Excel, you can quickly insert a diagonal line in a cell. Please do as follows:
1. Click the cell that you want to place the diagonal line.
2. Right-click and choose Format Cells in the menu, and a Format Cells dialog box will pop out. Then click Border on the top ribbon, and click the diagonal line, you can preview it from the box. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. And the diagonal line has been inserted into the cell.
4. Then you can enter the text into the diagonal line cell. Enter the first text into the cell, and then press Alt + Enter to change the line and enter the second text. Then you can press the Space bar to put the text at the right location that you want.
With the above method, you can only insert one diagonal line, if you want to insert two or more, you can do as the following steps:
1. Select the cell you would like to add the diagonal lines.
2. Click Insert > Shapes, and select a line shape.
3. Then draw the lines that you need. See screenshot:
4. Then enter the text into the cell as the first method step 4. See screenshot: