How to quickly insert diagonal line in a cell?
When we process some tasks in Excel, sometimes we may need to insert diagonal line in a cell for creating a table in Excel. You can insert diagonal line in Excel as follows:
Delete Blank Rows
|Kutools for Excel's Delete Blank Rows utility can quickly remove blank rows from selection, current sheet, select sheets or the entire workbook as you need.|
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
|Never need to worry about long long formulas in Excel anymore! Kutools for Excel's Auto Text can add all formulas to a group |
as auto text, and liberate your brain! Click here to know Auto Text Click here to get free trial
With the border function in Excel, you can quickly insert a diagonal line in a cell. Please do as follows:
1. Click the cell that you want to place the diagonal line.
2. Right-click and choose Format Cells in the menu, and a Format Cells dialog box will pop out. Then click Border on the top ribbon, and click the diagonal line, you can preview it from the box. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. And the diagonal line has been inserted into the cell.
4. Then you can enter the text into the diagonal line cell. Enter the first text into the cell, and then press Alt + Enter to change the line and enter the second text. Then you can press the Space bar to put the text at the right location that you want.
With the above method, you can only insert one diagonal line, if you want to insert two or more, you can do as the following steps:
1. Select the cell you would like to add the diagonal lines.
2. Click Insert > Shapes, and select a line shape.
3. Then draw the lines that you need. See screenshot:
4. Then enter the text into the cell as the first method step 4. See screenshot:
Actually, you can use a handy tool – Kutools for Word to insert diagonal lines in a table than copy it to the Excel cell.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:
1. Open a Word document, click Insert > Table, and select a square to inter a table with one cell. See screenshot:
2. Then click Enterprise > Diagonal Header, and select the type you need under Diagonal Table Header Style section from the popping dialog, see screenshots:
3. Then click OK, and click the cross button to select the whole table, and press Ctrl + C to copy it, and go to a cell of Excel, press Ctrl + V to paste the table into cell, then you can drag and resize the lines see screenshots:
4. If you want to add text into it, click Insert > Text Box then type the text header you need. Repeat this step to add all headers into the cell.
With Kutools for Word, you can remove all breaks, all blank lines, select all heading paragraphs, all tables, batch convert doc and docx, export all comments and so on. Click here you can have a free trial for Kutools for Word.
Advanced to Kutools for Word, if you usually work with Excel, the Kutools for Excel must can help you solve many tasks. With Kutools for Excel, you can combine multiple worksheets (across workbooks) into one workbook or on worksheet, merge data without losing data, insert unique random data and so on.
Transpose Table Dimensions（transpose a cross table to list, and vice versa.）
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...