How to quickly insert diagonal line in a cell?
When we process some tasks in Excel, sometimes we may need to insert diagonal line in a cell for creating a table in Excel. You can insert diagonal line in Excel as follows:
quickly Insert diagonal line in tables in Word
|The Diagonal Table Header utility of Kutools for Word provides several diagonal table header style for you to quickly insert to a table in Word. Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with dozens of handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
With the border function in Excel, you can quickly insert a diagonal line in a cell. Please do as follows:
1. Click the cell that you want to place the diagonal line.
2. Right-click and choose Format Cells in the menu, and a Format Cells dialog box will pop out. Then click Border on the top ribbon, and click the diagonal line, you can preview it from the box. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. And the diagonal line has been inserted into the cell.
4. Then you can enter the text into the diagonal line cell. Enter the first text into the cell, and then press Alt + Enter to change the line and enter the second text. Then you can press the Space bar to put the text at the right location that you want.
With the above method, you can only insert one diagonal line, if you want to insert two or more, you can do as the following steps:
1. Select the cell you would like to add the diagonal lines.
2. Click Insert > Shapes, and select a line shape.
3. Then draw the lines that you need. See screenshot:
4. Then enter the text into the cell as the first method step 4. See screenshot:
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoGood information
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks - but why does diagonal lines in excel show up crooked? They have rough edges and I'm having a difficult time having a smooth straight line.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoIt's good Idea. But cann't we split a cell diagonally?