How to quickly merge adjacent rows with same data in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with same data in the adjacent rows, and now you want to merge the same cells into one cell, so that the data looks neat and beautiful. (See following screenshots.) How do you merge adjacent rows with same data quickly and conveniently? Today, I will introduce you some quick way to solve this problem.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Of course you can merge the same data with Merge & Center command, but if there are hundreds of cells need to be merged, this method will be time-consuming. So the following VBA code can help you merge the same data easily.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Modulewindow.
Sub MergeSameCell() 'Updateby20131127 Dim Rng As Range, xCell As Range Dim xRows As Integer xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For Each Rng In WorkRng.Columns For i = 1 To xRows - 1 For j = i + 1 To xRows If Rng.Cells(i, 1).Value <> Rng.Cells(j, 1).Value Then Exit For End If Next WorkRng.Parent.Range(Rng.Cells(i, 1), Rng.Cells(j - 1, 1)).Merge i = j - 1 Next Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press the F5 key to run this code, a dialog is displayed on the screen for selecting a range to work with. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, the same data in column A will be merged and centered. See screenshots:
With the Merge same cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly merge the same values in multiple columns with one click.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Select the columns that you want to merge the adjacent rows with same data.
2. Click Kutools > Range Converter > Merge Same Cells, see screenshot:
And the same data in the selected columns have been merged in one cell.
To know more about this, please visit this Merge Same Cells feature.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoOh mate, you save lot of my days. Thank you!!!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoVery helpful !! Thanks a lot
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoThis was really helpful and has saved my time to greater extent
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoIn EXCEL
NAME PRO1 PRO2 PRO3